[cvsnt] "Symbolic link"

Lionello Lunesu lionello.lunesu at crystalinter.remove.com
Tue May 4 11:05:09 BST 2004

Hello people,

I have a lot of static libraries, each lib has a header file. What I've been
doing up to now is, adding a post-build-step in VC++ in every lib-project
that copies its header file to an API directory. This directory is added
VC's include directories.

To prevent heaving an API directory with all sorts of unrelated header
files, and to avoid using those global include directories, I've also
sometimes simple copied the header file to the directory of the
executable-project, where I've added it to cvs, again. Obvisously, there's
no way this header file gets updated by cvs if I change the header-file in
the library project.

Does cvsnt support something like a symbolic link? So I can have an
'instance' of a file in cvs in another module. Even if it were read-only
(only allowed to change the original file), that would be enough.

The repository is on a NTFS machine, so what about creating an NTFS-symbolic
link to the RCS file. Is this supported? (NTFS knows this, right?)

Thanks in advance,

Lionello.

-- Get the CACert root certificate (and a personal one) at
http://cacert.org/