[cvsnt] Re: cvs edit without repository connection doesnt do local actions.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 4 23:53:13 BST 2004

Eliot wrote:

> What is the "correct" behaviour of the -f switch (force)?
> Right now as I read the code, if there is a server connection, -f will
> force an edit even if there are other editors.
> But if there is no server connection it always fails.

I suspect it must - it has to override the editors list on the server to
reflect the new user (and quickly, before the existing editor commits).
That's not something I've touched much though.

>    if(errors || (check_edited && editors_found))
> vs this
>    if(check_edited && (errors || editors_found))

'standard' edit never returns a failure (multiple people can edit a file) so
the check only makes sense when in -c mode. The old CVS used to always return
OK no matter what the state of the edit.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917