[cvsnt] Checkoutlist doesn't work...

DURAND Sophie S.DURAND at studiel.fr
Thu May 6 08:20:46 BST 2004

Hi everyone!

I intend to use some perl scripts in interaction with CVS. I currently store
these scripts in the CVSROOT directory.
To manage this file with CVS, I've added the following line to the
checkoutlist file :
" $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/rename.pl  checkout CVSROOT/rename.pl failed"

Of course I did the following things :
- cvs checkout of the CVSROOT directory
- cvs add rename.pl in CVSROOT
- modified the checkoutlist file as mentionned above
- cvs commit of the whole CVSROOT directory

Now, if I modify rename.pl and commit it, the automatic checkout in the
CVSROOT (repository side) fails :

cvs -z3 commit -F
"C:/WINNTF/Profiles/SDD/.lincvs/2004-05-06-09-16-50fna00216"  "rename.pl
Checking in rename.pl;
/test/CVSROOT/rename.pl,v  <--  rename.pl
done
cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database<-
cvs server:  checkout CVSROOT/rename.pl failed<-

My cvs configuration :
server : CVSNT 2.0.26
client : LinCVS 1.3.1
server access : pserver mode