[cvsnt] update selected files across directories removes a valid cvs file.

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 14:04:51 BST 2004

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57a)
(client/server)  (I know way too old.  wish I had (and trying for) control
over this!)

=== The CVS Command ==
C:\Release_for_12Apr04\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing>cvs -z7 update -P
dualpaneselection\dualtableselection\actions\ChunkFilterSelectedRightToLeft.
java ComboBoxModelListModelAdapter.java util\DefaultSearchInterrupt.java
cvs server: ComboBoxModelListModelAdapter.java is no longer in the
repository  <===== REMOVED THIS FILE

=== Update at the Directory and ===
C:\Release_for_12Apr04\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing>cvs update
? text/DateDocument.java
cvs server: Updating .
U ComboBoxModelListModelAdapter.java  <========= FILE COMES BACK
cvs server: Updating dualpaneselection

If the file in the current directory is first in the list (moved
ComboBoxModelListModelAdapter from second in the command line to first in
the command line).
C:\Release_for_12Apr04\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing>cvs -z7 update -P
ComboBoxModelListModelAdapter.java
dualpaneselection\dualtableselection\actions\ChunkFilterSelectedRightToLeft.
java util\DefaultSearchInterrupt.java

Is this a problem with the client or the server?
Can anyone check this with version 2.0.41 on the server?

Thank you,
Joe E.