[cvsnt] Re: Possible CVS Archive corruption and how to solve

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun May 9 07:55:27 BST 2004

On Sun, 9 May 2004 07:47:35 +0200, Jörg Spilker <js at jetsys.de> wrote:

>Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2004 14:14 schrieb Tony Hoyle:
>
>Hello Tony,
>
>> You can open the files in a good text editor (I use textpad) and just
>> have a look.  The format is very simple and it should be reasonably
>> obvious if the problem is a few characters.
>>
>> However if (as is likely if you have disk corruption) a large section
>> of the file is corrupt, you'll have to restore from backups.
>
>but which files do i have to look for? Is this a problem with some
>administrative files in the repository or a problem with the data files
>itself?
>
>Greetings, Jörg

When you saw the problem you had a response from the server that
showed an error line. In the line above there was most probably a file
mentioned.
Open the next file,v in the repository after the listed file (by
alphasorting) and have a look.
I seriously doubt repository corruption though, it just never
happens....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)