[cvsnt] Check if no user if connected

Mathew Plattz plattze at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 03:26:20 BST 2004

I'm writing a script to do a nightly CVS backup (into zipped package).

It will be pretty simple

//first check that no one is connected and using it.
net stop cvsnt
rar.exe -blah $date.rar
net start cvsnt

+some error checking/feedback.

Thats basically it.  How do I check if no one is connected to it?  Don't
want to stop the Service is someone is doing an update....(even though this
will be sheduled to run at midnight, I'd like to check...)  If someone is
connected, I plan on just waiting 5 minutes, then retrying indefinately.

Also, is it possible to stop the CVS, but keep CVS server running to send
back a specific error message to the user?  Instead of completely stopping
CVS and leave anyone who connects in no-mans-land, It would be nice if I
could 'disable' the server, but if anyone tries to connect, it denies then
and just says "Server is down for Maintainence, please try again in 10
minutes".  Is this possible?

Thank you very much.