[cvsnt] How to setup CVS repository?

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Tue May 11 17:21:54 BST 2004

> From: smitha19 at juno.com [mailto:smitha19 at juno.com]
> I am trying to setup a CVS repository. We want the repository
> to be on an NTServer. Can you please let me know if having
> WINCVS 1.2 is sufficient to setup the cvs repository?
>
> Any early response is greatly appreciated.

You'll need a CVS server as well - hence your posting on the CVSNT list,
I assume!

You can set up the repository using CVSNT, following the instructions at
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips.  Once the repository's set
up then, yes, WinCVS is sufficient to manage the other tasks.  I'm using
WinCVS 1.3; are there particular reasons why you can't upgrade?

		- Peter