[cvsnt] Error FAIL Lock not within repository - How to solve ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu May 13 16:04:01 BST 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:29:22 +0200, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>If this is indeed the case then we should ask Tony to make the lockserver
>case *insensitive*. It is a PITA to enforce people to all use the same
>case when they check out things since CVSNT accepts any case that the
>user might have typed in while checking out.

CVSNT *is* case insensitive.  The lockserver isn't, but that's just an
implementation detail (case sensitive string compares are 3-4 times
slower than case insensitive ones).

All communication with the lockserver is automatically translated to
the correct case before transmission.  There are no outstanding issues
on this in 2.0.41 - this is easy to check.. checkout 'cvsroot',
'CVSROOT' and 'CvsRoot' and they'll all work just fine.

The only issue is when people try to bypass the repository prefixes by
using a path relative to the current drive.  This is hard to fix
(since 'current drive' means different things at different times) but
is fixed in 2.0.42 by forcing it to mean whatever drive the cvs.exe is
on.