[cvsnt] Pb : Files always in read-only mode after checkout

DURAND Sophie S.DURAND at studiel.fr
Mon May 17 09:04:40 BST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem regarding my files permissions after a checkout...

When performing the cmd :
cvs -d :pserver:hcr at server_id:/Repository ckeckout -P Mod1

My checked-out files are all in read-only mode (the checkout read-only
option is unchecked in my cvs client)!

My configuration is cvsnt 2.0.26 running on WinNT 4. My cvs client also runs
on a WinNT 4 machine. The access method is pserver.

I have a module Mod1.
User sdd is the cvs administrator and is owner of the Mod1 directory on the
server machine.
User hcr is a developper on project Mod1 and has rcw rights.
A default user has r rights on the module.

Hence, a cvs lsacl cmd in the Mod1 directory (checked-out on a temp
directory on the server machine) gives :
.owner : sdd
default : r
hcr : crw

thanks for your help!