[cvsnt] CVSNT Upgrade issues (going from 2.0.10 to 2.0.41a)

Keeron Modi keeronmo at Attachmate.com
Mon May 17 21:09:20 BST 2004

We have CVSNT 2.0.10 installed on our windows 2003 server. We upgraded
server to CVSNT 2.0.41a (latest updates by Tony) without any problems.
There was a slight issue (turned out it wasn't in the end) in the
repository paths. We *thought* the upgrade changed the path, so we had
to go back to prev revision. So uninstalled the CVSNT server,
reinstalled 2.0.10. Everything was looking fine, but now the version
showd 2.0.11. I used the 2.0.10 installation file (have it all archived
incase something like this happened).. That was one issue (going
backwards didn't work)

The other issue was that even with this 2.0.11 we tried setting our
CVSROOT (using SSPI protocol) and trying a cvs ls... that didn't work.
We tried pserver, - that didn't work either. The repository, cvs, etc
was all working before this "upgrading" started...

Since this wasn't working, we unisntalled cvsnt 2.0.11 and did a fresh
isntall of this copy (2.0.41a).. Still it goes to 2.0.11 (shows up in
the version info).

And the protocols don't work. (local would work, but that's not really
useful way to test ;-) )

I think the underlying problem would be backwards compatiblity ? Somehow
when we installed 2.0.41a the first time (when it was working
correctly), it stored some settings some place. When we tried going back
to 2.0.10, it couldn't go back all the way and just went to 2.0.11 ?

Any ideas on how to resolve this ? We could clean the machine and start
all over again.. But I was looking for a better way :)

(I just tried uninstall any cvs I had thru the control panel, restarted
my machine. No trace of cvs , except the misc entries in registry).
Installed cvs again - the latest rev, and still it shows up as 2.0.11 ..

Thanks
- Keeron