[cvsnt] Re: Unable to ckeckout by tags while using sspi

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue May 18 04:36:03 BST 2004

Vladimir Svrkota wrote:
> We were only able to checkout HEAD branch/tag when using sspi protocol.
> All docs I downloaded say nothing about this error. I looked into all of
> "xxxyyy,v" files and all tags are in there. TortoiseCVS' history and
> revision graph options also show all tags.
>
> When I thought I couldn't be more desperate, all things mentioned above
> happened again when using pserver protocol :(

What is the full details of the Tortoise call?  It'll list the full
command line for CVS, including the CVSROOT.

When you do get the HEAD revision checked out, try doing a "cvs status
-v file" with one of the files that is in your sandbox.  The status -v
will output all the tags that are on that file along with the version.

What version of CVS are you using for the server?

--
Glen Starrett