[cvsnt] Why is commit in one module held by tagging in another?

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Tue May 18 14:52:50 BST 2004

I've got two modules checked out and while a tagging operation is
running down the entire tree of one module under a different login on a
different PC I get lock messages while trying to commit to the other
module under my login on my PC:

* First module is wrk_c and being tagged.
* I'm trying to commit to the devscripts module.
* The server has c:\cvs\wrk_c and c:\cvs\devscripts.
* c:\cvs is the server's repository root (we don't use prefixes yet).
* Server and client version 2.0.27
* We are using LockServer

D:\cvs\devscripts>cvs ci -m"MBM514 release"
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs server: [08:46:30] waiting for build on build1.unimax.com's lock in
c:/cvs/wrk_c

I certainly would not expect CVSNT locks to be cross module!  My entire
CVS server would be off line for every tag opperation...

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634