[cvsnt] Change of server address

Andreas Richter arichter at iks-web.de
Tue May 25 10:26:42 BST 2004

Harrison, Andrew wrote:

> The CVS\Root files stores the CVSROOT of the repository. In the case of a
> server pc crash I can easily reinstall CVS-NT and restore backups onto a new
> server, but this will have a different CVSROOT. Is there an easy way to get
> existing sandboxes to use a new CVSROOT without doing a new checkout or
> manually editing all the CVS\Root files.

Hi,

if you have a nameserver in your company, create a CNAME a la CVSSERVER.
in this case you can simple transfer the repository from one to another
server without touch every sandbox.

but in your case i think you must search/replace over all directorys in
the sandbox by hand.
if no local changes exists in the sandboxes is simpler to delete the
entire sandbox-directories and make a new checkout from the new cvs-server.

--
Andreas Richter                           Web: http://www.selectline.de
SelectLine Software GmbH                          Fon: +49 391 5555 080