[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT and Eclipse IDE

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 26 07:02:50 BST 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:17:02 +0800, "Guofeng Zhang"
<guofengzhang at visionnex.com> wrote:

>We have been using CVSNT for a long time. Now we want to use Eclipse UI to connect to CVSNT by SSPI. but Eclipse display the following warning.
>I want to know if the issue still exists in the newest release of CVSNT?
>
>the waring:
>    Error vlidating location: "CVSNT repository ':sspi:guofengzhang at zeus:/vcs' is configured to use a repository prefix. However, CVSNT does not always properly communicate resource paths in this mode resulting in the failure of some specialized Eclipse CVS operations. The use of a repository prefix should be disable if the full functionality of the Eclipse CVS client is desired".
>
>Of course, I can change the configuration of CVSNT to not using the repository prefix. I just want to know if this issue now solved. If so, I would like to upgrade our CVSNT server.
>
>thanks for your information.
>
>Gufeng

Search the archives for Eclipse and WSAD and you will get hundreds of
hits concerning this. Base line is:
The Eclipse/WSAD developers for some reason have decided to do their
best to stop people from using CVSNT and Tony has declared that he
will not do much unless they change their minds. There are many things
done to CVSNT in order to work around these problems, like the flag to
emulate a UNIX CVS server....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)