[cvsnt] Re: target machine not accepting connection

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 26 20:22:29 BST 2004

If you have installed CVSNT on a Windows XP Pro machine with the most
recent Service Pack you might have the Microsoft firewall active (by
default).
Look here:
Start/Connect To/Show All Connections/NetworkCard/Properties/Advanced

There is a checkbox that is named "Internet Connection Firewall" and
if it is checked noone can access your server....

Bo

On Tue, 25 May 2004 11:51:52 -0300, Eduardo Mylonas da Silva
<esilva at tmt-motoco.com.br> wrote:

>OK, when i try to login to the cvsnt server from my wincvs, i get the message:
>
>cvs [login aborted]: connect to <server>:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
>
>So i decied to follow item 2.9 on Installation Tips, Adding CVS Users to see what happens, which on all my prior cvs setups i never had to do.
>
>* My server is a windows 2000 professional
>Ok, i type: set cvsroot=:<my computer_ip>:/teste
>where <my computer_ip> is a ip address and teste is the repository i created.
>
>this set cvsroot line is ok.
>
>then i type: cvs passwd -r <account> -a <username>
>
>after that i expect to be prompted the password, but i receive the message saying that is not a valid password and that i should try cvs login instead. but that's what i'm trying to do!!! set the user and password.
>
>Ok, i'm officially lost. Don't know what to do. Can anybody help me, please?
>
>I know i have installed pserver and sspi protocols. I know i have setup the prefix and repository correctly. no what?
>
>thanks to all.
>

>Eduardo Mylonas da Silva
>TMT - Motoco do Brasil Ltda
>Industrial Automation Analyst