[cvsnt] Loginfo Automation Question

Tobias Müller tmueller at a-i-c.de
Thu May 27 15:00:22 BST 2004

Hi!

As a newbie who recently installed CVSNT, I tried to set up the loginfo
file to automatically keep a local copy up to date (i.e. a website run
on a local IIS installation).

The line in my loginfo is the following:

^TestVBScript (e:\CVS\asp\CVSROOT\scripts\cvsupdate.bat TestVBScript
E:\inetpub\wwwroot) > E:\CVS\asp\CVSROOT\logs\cvsupdate.log

(according to http://wxwidgets.org/cvsdoc.htm#SEC146)

The triggered batch file looks like that:

REM %1 is the project
REM %2 is the webroot folder
sleep 2
cd %2\%1
cvs -q update -d > e:\cvs\asp\cvsroot\logs\tobi.log

Actually, Eclipse CVS hangs on a commit, in E:\CVS\asp\TestVBScript,
there are two things created, a folder named #cvs.lock and a file named
#cvs.wfl.aic-tobi(administrator).1948

It seems that the files get locked somehow. If I delete the file and the
folder, it takes several seconds and the update is done.

Has anybody done the same thing and got it to work? If yes I would be
very glad for a short hint!
Thanks in advance,
Tobi