[cvsnt] cvsnt on freebsd

m.ornest at volny.cz m.ornest at volny.cz
Mon Nov 1 12:36:38 GMT 2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to run cvsnt on my freebsd box, but some troubles
occured when trying to connect to the cvs pserver. I've
configured cvsnt to run as xinetd service as follows:
service cvspserver
{
    disable        = no
    socket_type    = stream
    wait           = no
    user           = cvs
    group          = cvs
    log_type       = FILE /var/log/cvspserver
    env            = 'HOME=/usr/local/private/cvs'
    server         = /usr/local/bin/cvs
    server_args    = pserver
}

After that I've launched the CvsLockd server simply by running
the command cvslocked & and restarted xinetd. Both services
running - as I can connect to them via telnet.
I've imported some testing files to the cvs repository (no, I did
not forget to init it first :) and set CVSROOT env var: export
CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at localhost:/cvs (alias for real path in
/usr/local/etc/cvsnt/PServer). But when I'm trying to do 'cvs ls'
(or any other command including login) I'm still getting an error:
cvs [ls aborted]: cannot create socket: Unknown error
I'm running FreeBSD 6 CURRENT - is that some bug related to this
distibution?

Thanks for any help
Matthes

--