[cvsnt] Modules Question

Shawn Haigh shaigh at immersion.com
Tue Nov 2 06:08:57 GMT 2004

I am on the Fence on this one.  I am able to get the results I want with
the native modules file but the caveat is when I update, there is
undesired recursive behaviour in any configured ampersand module. I
assume I am getting the "unwanted interaction with the update command"
Tony mentions in the help file:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/modules2.html

After a few hours of hacking, and several server crashes later I have
given up... is there anyone out there who can shed some light on my
dilemma... :)

I think what I want to achieve is quite straight forward:

Let's say I have two modules;

ThirdPartyCode
-Dir1
-Dir2
-Dir3

MyProject
-dir1

When I checkout MyProject I want to include ThirdPartyCode/Dir1 and
ThirdPartyCode/Dir2 _excluding_ ThirdPartyCode/Dir3

INTO

Myproject/Dir1/

I can do this in a jiffy using the modules file but when I go to update
MyProject, ThirdpartyCode/Dir3 suddenly appears under Myproject/Dir1/

I guess I have to convert to the modules2, this I don't mind if it
offers better functionality, however I can't seem to get anywhere with
the documentation currently available.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Cheers!

Shawn
TortoiseCVS    v1.6.14 (2.0.41a client/server)
CVSNT-Server   v2.0.41