[cvsnt] Another newbie question: numeric ip address

david.arendash at manyone.net david.arendash at manyone.net
Tue Nov 2 18:53:01 GMT 2004

So I finally got CVSNT + Tortoise working for me on my LAN,
where I can specify the computer's name as the server name,
ex: :sspi:CVSserver:/cvsnt/archive

and connect, since I have the same user/password on both client
and server.

Now I want to access remotely. I opened ports 2401 and 2402 in my
firewall to that servermachine. I can obtain the mostly-static IP
address. But when I go remote, I only know (for example):

:sspi:123.321.255.64:/cvsnt/archive

In other words, no domain or machine name.

Suggestions? Would a different protocol work? I tried ext and sspi
and pserver, they all fail, generally saying 'server actively rejected
access'

Thanks
Dave A

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say "Why not?" -- Robert Francis Kennedy

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world;
indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead, anthropologist