[cvsnt] Can't checkout, lockserver 2.0 expected, 1.2 found

Alvin.Moore at corning.com Alvin.Moore at corning.com
Thu Nov 4 13:24:03 GMT 2004

Dear Folks,
I skimmed the list archives and the bug archives but haven't found any
reference to this.
I am new to using CVS and CVSNT. A few weeks/months ago I downloaded the
2.0.41A installer, installed it on my Win2K notebook, and have spent a few
weeks going over web pages, reading up, etc, getting the hang of using it.
All was good.

I then went back to the CVSNT page, and the latest stable release was
2.0.51d, and then a little later 2.0.58d. I downloaded these because I was
installing the client on some other machines. It worked fine there, but
when I installed it on my machine it gives me a lockserver error. I can no
longer check things out. I tried installing the newer version on top of the
old, then tried removing all and installing the newer version clean, and
still no luck. I still get the same message about the lockserver version
being wrong.

Help!

Thanks,
Alvin.