[cvsnt] Re: fileattr gets corrupted all the time

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Nov 4 17:23:59 GMT 2004

cccs at rz.fh-augsburg.de.NOSPAM wrote:
> I just found out that it is a problem with chroot...
> without chroot=/home/cvshome it works perfecly...
> Is this a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

The chroot shouldn't make any difference.. that's
just handled in one place at server startup.  The results seem to be
identical on my system with/without the chroot.

The characters at the front of the filename are just a stray BOM - they
shouldn't be there but will get parsed out when the file is read so are
harmless (seems to be a Unix iconv problem... Windows doesn't create these).

I can't repeat any problems with tags (processing a tag is unrelated
to the chroot anyway).