[cvsnt] Re: Upgrade from old-style cvs to cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Nov 5 14:47:45 GMT 2004

Thomas Keller wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> My company still uses  v1.11 of the original cvs and I could recently
> persuade them to switch to cvsnt. Now my question is:
> Is there anything special I need to do to move the cvs repositories
> into cvsnt? Or is it enough to just copy the repository paths into
> /etc/cvsnt/PServer?
> Is there any possibility to move back from cvsnt to cvs at a time if it
> is needed? Or is the rcs format completly incompatible due to the
> new features of cvsnt? Its just that my boss likes to have an option to
> return if anything fails - not that it would, but meh, he's... the boss.
>
> I've searched through the wiki and couldn't anything which dealed
> with upgrading old cvs repositories .

Upgrade happens automatically.  Downgrade is possible in limited
circumstances, but it's not something I specifically support (using
anything like binary or zipped deltas, or unicode will stop you going
back though).

Run it on a test machine first with a couple of users...  when you're
happy with your setup then backup your live server and make the switch.