[cvsnt] offline folder can't be updated when offline, even though server online

David Holmes dholmes at --remove-this-part-dltech.com.au
Tue Nov 9 07:22:43 GMT 2004

I've tried searching for this but to no avail.

Using CVSNT 2.0.51 on a Windows 2000 machine. I checkout a repository onto a
network mapped drive that is available offline. The cvs server is a UNIX
box. If my windows server is offline so that the network drive is in
"offline mode", I can't do any updates or commit etc with the cvs server,
even though I'm still online to the server (it's the other windows box that
is not online).

I've seen other programs get confused when they try to work with files that
are being made available offline, but then I also use programs that have no
problem - so presumably there are some differences in the API's used for
file access in these circumstances. The error reported is:

cvs [update aborted]: out of memory; can not allocate 2168995872 bytes

so obviously something is getting confused.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
David Holmes