[cvsnt] loginfo scripts

Stuart Stevens stuart_stevens at sierralogic.com
Tue Nov 9 22:10:54 GMT 2004

I have a CVS server on Linux and I am setting up some scripts to perform
various logging activities.  I looked at "log" , "log_accum" and "cvslog"
from Russ Allberry.  I have fixed cvslog to support spaces in file names and
I rewrote log to work correctly.  But I want more functionality.

Are there more advanced loginfo scripts written in Perl?

Is there any interest in a more powerful "cvslog" which would support the
features below?

I want the following features:
- logs to a file or STDOUT
- Debugging to STDERR
- File diffs
- diffstat
- CVS status
- Email using a direct SMTP
- Support for cvsweb
- update GNATs
- email back to user

I have the following needs:
1) Update our GNATS system
2) Send users a diff of their checkin
3) Send a few users, summaries of the checkins for a portion of the
repository
4) Log checkin activity

Thanks
Stuart