[cvsnt] Latest updates

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Wed Nov 10 23:00:33 GMT 2004

Tony,

> Try CVSNT_INSTALLDIR.

OK, I did:

msiexec /i cvsnt-2.0.60.msi SERVER=0 CVSNT_INSTALLDIR="C:\Program
Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.3\cvsnt"

It displays the location in the installer correctly, but then it installs
into "C:\Program Files\cvsnt" anyway. In fact it installs in the same place
even if I manually set the location using the browse key, no matter whether
the CVSNT_INSTALLDIR is used or not and no matter what folder I choose.

> The product code is unique to the build (randomly generated
> automatically by wix)..

I need some simple way tu uninstall CVSNT when uninstalling WinCvs, any
ideas?

I also noticed that installer grew in size from 2,257,157 bytes for
cvsnt-2.0.51d.exe to 3,252,736 bytes for cvsnt-2.0.60.msi. From the log
comments I am guessing that we are back to distributing the MFC dlls instead
of static linking. Is there any particular reason for that?

Overall new installer doesn't make good impression on me and seems to create
problems with some basic operations. Not sure I would recommend anything
like that to use in corporate environment. Maybe it's better to just launch
Innosetup installers from within master MSI installer - it will give the
impression of MSI to any dumb administrator that requires it and allow to
use Innosetup at the same time.

Best Regards,
Jerzy