[cvsnt] Latest updates

Chris Little cslittle at mac.com
Thu Nov 11 15:58:43 GMT 2004

in article cmubt3$5uv$1 at paris.nodomain.org, Tony Hoyle at tmh at nodomain.org
wrote on 11/10/04 7:31 PM:

> Jerzy Kaczorowski wrote:
>> It displays the location in the installer correctly, but then it installs
>> into "C:\Program Files\cvsnt" anyway. In fact it installs in the same place
>> even if I manually set the location using the browse key, no matter whether
>> the CVSNT_INSTALLDIR is used or not and no matter what folder I choose.
>
> Odd. works for me.
>
>> I need some simple way tu uninstall CVSNT when uninstalling WinCvs, any
>> ideas?
>
> I'm not sure that's possible, other than making WinCvs an MSI too and
> having a combined installer.

It's not too hard to do.  The WinCVS uninstall can look through the sub-keys
of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and find the entry for CVSNT.  That UninstallString sub-key will be the
command to uninstall CVSNT.  This is basically what the Add/Remove Program
options does.  You can adjust the options on the command line to make the
MSI uninstall UI-less.

Chris