[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT client and WinXP SP2 w/ CVS server

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Nov 11 19:10:03 GMT 2004

George Dinwiddie wrote:
> The SSH connection works fine, but the CVS client hangs.  In order to see what was happening on the server side, I experimented with an old CVS (version 1.11) setup I already had on a private machine.  I did some grepping and found reference to a CVS_SERVER_LOG environment variable, but that doesn't seem to be used any more.  It's not mentioned in the latest copy of the CVS manual and it doesn't seem to work.

There's a problem with cygwin ssh and SP2 - it's not a CVSNT problem.
Try a googling for it... quite a bit of software broke.

Use the :ssh: protocol instead which is much easier to setup and takes
cygwin out of the loop.

If you really must use cygwin, it's been reported that downgrading to
cygwin 1.5.10-3 fixes the problem (ref:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg01209.html)