[cvsnt] Re: Commit nofify for commit on certain branch

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Nov 15 16:29:49 GMT 2004

Richard Bordoli wrote:

> I beleive commitinfo runs on the server.... but CVS/Entries is client
> side... so I am confused as to how a commitinfo script / program accesses
> CVS/Entries when it is invoked ?

The commitinfo script has a server-side copy of CVS/Entries in its
current directory.

> If this is the case could you elaborate on how to get hold of this
> inforamtion at commit time in a commitinfo script/program.
>
> I would like to restrict commits on a per branch basis...

If all you want to do is restrict commits, just set an ACL:

cvs chacl -r release_branch -u manager -a read,write,create,tag,control
cvs chacl -r release_branch -m "Commits to the release branch not
allowed." -a read