[cvsnt] cvsnt permissions ordering problem?

anorakgirl mail at anorakgirl.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 09:15:37 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I've just joined the list, so sorry if this has already been asked.

I'm just trying to install cvsnt, and it all went pretty well to start
with - installed it, restarted, created a repository, added users etc.
I'm using pserver authentication as its just me using it on my own laptop.

So, I'm now trying to add my files (I've used cvs on Linux, so I'm
familiarish with what to do). The directories are created in the
repository, but it fails to add the files. Using WinCVS I get the error:

Unable to rename file /anorakgirl/cvs/advdir/,tasklog.txt, to
/anorakgirl/cvs/advdir/tasklog.txt,v for 1 second, still trying...
For 10 seconds for each file, then it gives up.
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
/anorakgirl/cvs/advdir/,tasklog.txt, to
/anorakgirl/cvs/advdir/tasklog.txt,v: Permission denied

Also, when I look in the repository, the file tasklog.txt,v IS there,
but if I right-click to bring up properties, and click the security tab,
I get an odd message saying:

"The permissions on tasklog.txt'v are incorrectly ordered, which may
cause some entries to be ineffective. Press OK to continue and sort the
permissions correctly, or Cancel to reset the permissions"

It doesn't seem to make any difference which I choose, WinCVS (or
Eclipse) are both unable to add my files. I'm an Administrator on my PC
and have granted Full Control on the folder I want to use for my CVS
repository to all the users I can find.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Thanks,
Tamsin