[cvsnt] Re: Commit notify for commit on certain branch

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Nov 16 15:14:35 GMT 2004

Thomas Keller wrote:
> I start to believe that all this can't be accomplished with CVS in a
> convinient (not hacked) manner... and I also start to believe that my
> little cvs(nt) and perl knowlegde won't be enough for that.

If the ACLs can't handle it that's what the *info scripts are for...  it
may be easier to write a DLL or COM object to handle it (since you only
then have to deal with a single program rather than multiple scripts).

>>Set a merge ACL on the branch.
>

> The CVSNT manual says in Section security
>
> "Merge (-j)
>     Defines that this access entry applies when a merge is attempted from the specified branch. "
>
> So, how does this actually work and what does it enable/disable? The docs
> don't include an example for this option.

This applies when you do an update -j from the target branch.

eg.

cvs chacl -r foo -j bar -a noread

will block an update -j bar, when you're on branch foo.