[cvsnt] Re: Can the commit message be added after the fact in CVSNT?

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Tue Nov 16 17:57:55 GMT 2004

Yes.

Using WinCVS, Highlight the file that contains the wrong log message
(say logMessageWrong.txt).  Go into graph mode (Ctrl+G). Right Click on
the revison that has the erroneous or non-existant log message (Say
v1.4). From the context menu choose "Admin Options->Change Log Message"
Change the message to what you want.

This essentially does this on the command line

cvs admin "-m1.4,New Message" logMessageWrong.txt