[cvsnt] Re: How do I get the revisions of imported files into the loginfo script?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Nov 27 19:47:19 GMT 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:46:59 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Tony?
>> Is there any way at all that the revision of the imported file can be
>> extracted by the loginfo script? Especially if the file is an update
>> as for a second import to the same vendor branch.
>> Standard commits supply this information in StdIn but for import it
>> seems not to happen.
>
>Files for import don't actually have a revision at that point - it's
>worked out much later (import -C cheats, which is why it only works in
>simple cases).

So then I can only assume that a file flagged with 'N ' will have
revision 1.1.1.1 if there is also a Vendor branch tag else it will be
1.1, whereas the files flagged with 'U ' will be in an unknown
revision state?

I have been fiddling with CVSMailer today and adding code to list the
files and folders inside the CVSNT temp dir (cvs-serv<number>), but
all I found were the imported files, no CVS subdir and no Entries
file...

This means that I will just note these as having revision ? and not
produce any ViewCvs diff links for them.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)