[cvsnt] Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Nov 28 15:32:55 GMT 2004

cvsnt 2.0.61 (experimental)

Just to prove I am actually still alive :) This version has a number of
experimental features, and is basically a snapshot of what I've been
working on so far.

* Utf8 server - the main cvsnt binary is now compiled as a Unicode app,
which allows us to do some nice tricks with the codepage translation.
The server can act as if it is running in utf8 (as the Unix servers
often do) which will allow you to commit mixed languages and have it
stored correctly on the server side. Requires a 2.0.58d/2.0.6x client
(or Unix client in UTF8) to work transparently.
* The lockserver is multithreaded, so should handle better under heavy load.
* Add -B flag to update so you can branch merge by bug - this option
allows you to selectively merge bug fixes between branches. It's not
perfect (since it's merging out of context and is likely to create more
conflicts than a normal merge) but is a useful shortcut.
* Server side external diff support (xdiff). Allows you do define
external command processors (in cvswrappers) that can diff arbitrary
file types.

There's lots of other fixes... Rename is still to do (it requires a
solid week to work on, and I haven't got that at the moment).