[cvsnt] Re: desagreement CVSNT/WINCVS

fabien.lyon fabien.lyon at isismpp.fr
Fri Oct 1 10:48:50 BST 2004

HI,

thanks a lot for your good advices Tony and Glen.

It is OK now, for the mailing list information a little state of the work I
done:

In the past I used cvs in a very wrong way (repository shared accross a
network link ...) and an army of users
Getting more experince now, I'have migrated to real client/server
configuration.
The first mistake I done on the server side is I copied all the old
repository including it's CVSROOT directory
	It is better to create and initialize on the server the repository with the
add command of the service control panel of the cvsnt
	in order to get a clean repository where you make change in the admin file
of the CVSROOT as you like.

The second mistake involved the Lockserver against the config file:
	I use the lockserver on the server side and in the
repository/CVSROOT/config file I wrote LockDir=d:/repositories/cvsbis/locks
	it is not usefull to keep this configuration line in the config file when
the Lockserver is running

The third one involved the need of merge by copy for few files (binary and
ascii) of the project:
	to do that, on the old repository I used the -m option in the
CVSROOT/cvswrappers file on the file list of the project
	this solution doesn't work with the client/server configuration (cvs
update: -m wrapper option is not supported remotely; ignored)
	so I have followed the Tony advice using the -kb or -kB option for the file
list of the project without using the -m option of
	the CVSROOT/cvswrappers file ... and it's OK now

thanks again for your help
l'fab