FW: [cvsnt] Re: Regresssion and branches in the current sand box?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Oct 1 21:52:00 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Is it necessary to checkout a second sandbox for the trunk (as recommended
> in the OReilly book) so I can add revisions to both the branch and the trunk
> without merging them or replacing one with the other?

P.S.  Keep in mind the OReilly book is written against standard CVS.
Without mergepoints it is MUCH more difficult to keep merges between
branches straight.  CVSNT is WORLDS better than CVS from this
perspective alone, but then it has lots of other nice features thanks to
Tony's hard work (but I digress...).

--
Glen Starrett