[cvsnt] 2.0.51: commitinfo username

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Oct 4 23:51:06 BST 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:01:54 +0100, "James Kavanagh"
<james.kavanagh at voxsurf.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm attempting to write a small Java application which performs a similar
>function to the cvs_acls.pl script which has been widely distributed.
>Essentially I want to prevent some users from committing files to a release
>branch.
>I've got past the hurdles of retrieving the filenames etc. but I cannot seem
>to obtain the user from anywhere. Calls to System.getProperty("user.name")
>come back with "SYSTEM" which is the user that the CVSNT service is running
>under.
>
>1. Can anyone help on this front? Has anyone done this before or am I
>wasting my time :(
>or..

If you add a $USER parameter to the call line in the commitinfo script
then your script execution will get the commit user as the specified
command line parameter and you can easily parse it out from there.
The $USER is NOT an environment variable, it is detected by CVSNT and
gets replaced by the proper value when your script is called by CVS.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)