[cvsnt] Connection failed

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Wed Oct 6 14:04:19 BST 2004

Frank,

Is your repository actually named 'cvs' or is that just a placeholder
like my_machine?  If your repository is named 'cvs' I suggest you use
a different repository name like 'cvsrepo' or 'cvsfiles' etc.

Can you connect to the server from the command line? using WinCVS?

If your clients are all on a local network then the best protocol
would probably be sspi but without the 'my_name@'. Like this:
:sspi:my_machine:/cvsrepo

If you use a CVSROOT that includes 'user at server' like your pserver
CVSROOT then you should click the login button and complete the
login before you click the check button.
So CVSROOTS like:
:pserver:my_name at my_machine:/cvsrepo
:sspi:my_name at my_machine:/cvsrepo
require a login the first time you try to connect.
After you successfully connect you do not need to
login again.

Erik W. Warren
Sr. Engineer - Flt. Ops. Engineering
Delta Air Lines