[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT 2.0.58 crash.

Paul Nusbaum paul.nusbaum at cgi.com
Wed Oct 6 16:10:21 BST 2004

Hello there,
I am running a 'small' Win2k server, and have been using CVSNT 2.0.41a
(while users connect with Eclipse 3, as well) for the last few weeks with no
issues.

I upgraded to the latest 2.0.58 this morning, and am now experiencing these
same errors that have been discussed on your list this week.

>From what I can tell, a user was trying to access HEAD on our repository,
and I believe that is one these errors began (and kept repeating every few
minutes):

Cvsnt
Unfortunately CVSNT has crashed.  Would you like to produce a crash dump?
-----------------------
	clicked YES:
-----------------------
Cvsnt
Failed to save dump file to 'C:\program files\cvsnt\temp\cvsnt-2.0.58.dmp'
(error 5)
-----------------------
	clicked OK:
-----------------------
Cvs.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77fcc024" referenced memory ay "0x00000000".  The
memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program
	clicked OK:
CVSNT still appears to be running

I wasn't able to get the trace log unfortunately as I had already
'downgraded' back to the previous version - but thought I'd let you know
that I've seen this same problem previously mentioned

Thanks
-PaN