[cvsnt] Re: Where to read on ssh and ssh1 used by cvsnt?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Oct 6 20:04:15 BST 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:22:15 -0600, "Siegfried Heintze"
<siegfried at heintze.com> wrote:

>>I have not seen that query.
>>But then again I am not maintaining that instruction anymore. Too much
>>happening with CVSNT development nowadays so I cannot keep up with it
>>and most people seem to get the install working anyways now.
>>Should I take it off-line?
>
>Bo,
>For some strange reason, the email server rejected my post and put it in
>purgatory and deleted it. It said it was too big. I don't know why it was
>too big, it was just an ordinary reply like this one.
>
>So that explains why you did not see it.
>So I'm reading your installation tips and where it documents SSPI and
>PSERVER at
>http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips#head-9a9b2e84d99633cf792ad00c1100
>0d88f2e31127
>
>It says: "todo - needs explanation of external programs, how to set CVS_EXT
>(or CVS_RSH if we want legacy support)"
>
>So does this mean I have to download the source code to learn how to
>establish a secure connection or are these documented somewhere else? It
>looks like the one protocol that is secure is the one that is not
>documented.

So it is the copy of my webpage thta is in the CVSNT WIKI then...
In any case whatever is in WIKI can be changed and added to by any
knowledgable person.
I have personally only used the protocols:
pserver
ntserver (no longer available)
sspi (what I use now)
All of the other protocols I have no experience in and can
consequently not help out with..

Sorry

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)