[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Oct 8 08:54:18 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It does...  Try your macro against cvs.cvsnt.org and see what it does.

Indeed. This does not work anymore. So far I had only tried against
non-CVSNT servers. I don't think that's as bad as it sounds. The macro
is specifically intended for servers that do *not* support the ls
command so it should not happen very often that someone tries to access
a CVSNT server with this macro. Still needs to be resolved on my end
obviously...

> (btw. I thought there was a version in WinCVS but I can't find it...)

Do you mean the macro? It's on Admin|Admin macros menu. Actually there
are two of them, one with a proper GUI and one which just uses User
Prompts:

Browse Repository Folders (the one with the GUI)
List Module Contents

The former doesn't display anything (as it only filters on folders) and
the latter displays everything (which is also not what was intended).

BTW: I noticed that this new client is opening local connections (my
desktop firewall told me so). What's this for? Also, what does
cvscontrol.exe do?

Cheers,

--
Oliver