[cvsnt] cvs [update aborted]: cvs_encrypt_wrap_input failed: error

Michael Levy michaelrlevy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 18:06:21 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

I installed CVSNT 2.0.58 on a W2K system.

cvs -version returns:
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)
...etc

I'm running WinCVS 1.3.17.2 Beta 17 (Build 2)

When I try to log in using sspi with "Encrypt all client - server
communication" it seems to log in fine, but whenever I try to do an
operation (diff, update, etc) I receive the error message in the
subject line:

cvs [update aborted]: cvs_encrypt_wrap_input failed: error

If I do not select "Encrypt" in WinCVS then everything seems to run OK.

I have found very few references to cvs_encrypt_wrap_input anywhere,
so don't know where to turn.

Thanks for any help.