[cvsnt] Re: rcsdiff -q

Matthew Heaney matthewjheaney at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 13 07:27:36 BST 2004

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:ckhnku$ik9$1 at paris.nodomain.org...

> You haven't explained adequetly why on earth you would want such a
> thing?  RCS has its uses, but picking apart CVS repositories isn't
> really one of them.

I don't want it (since I never use command-line anyway).  Rather, it is
emacs that wants it, since vc passes that switch to whatever rcsdiff is in
my path.

I don't really care about cvsnt/rcsdiff, but the problem is that when I
switch the vc backend to rcs, your version of rcsdiff comes first in my
path, and the fact that it's different from rcs/rcsdiff breaks vc.

What I'll probably do is just throw away cvsnt/rcsdiff, since I don't think
vc is using that anyway when cvs is the backend.  (If cvsnt is using it for
some reason, then I'll have to try something else.)

-Matt