[cvsnt] author displaying as sshd_server

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Oct 17 23:49:42 BST 2004

Andrew Markwell wrote:
> I found out my issue, so figured I would post it out for your reference.
> Using SSH to connect to a CSVNT repository on windows server 2003 will
> cause all updates to be seen as coming from the sshd_Server instead of the
> real author. It's a windows thing.
>
> If I find a way around it I will post another message.

If the username is SYSTEM then CVSNT will automatically look in the
environment to find out what the real name should be (it's not really
safe to do this for other users for security reasons).  This works with
OpenSSH.

The more complex way of fixing it is to do it the way CVSNT does it,
with an LSA authentication layer...  it's nontrivial to convert an
existing app to do this I expect.