[cvsnt] Re: rcsdiff -q

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Oct 18 16:46:40 BST 2004

Hey guys,
I'm very intrigued by Matt's posting. I hope he is still subscribing.

I'm running CVSNT and emacs. I want to put my c:\.emacs in a repository. See
"More details" below if your interested in history. When I try Matt's
command c-u c-x v v rcs it never gets to prompt me for the "rcs". Instead I
get a dialog box that says "Something bad happened to CVSNT. Do you want a
crash dump". I say no and then I get a dialog box about an accvio.

Is there a native Win2003 command that is the counter part of the Unix/Linux
ln command that would create a hard link to c:\.emacs? That would solve the
problem.

I have discovered, however, that I can use the command line commands for rcs
"co" and "ci" to keep track of my revisions for .emacs.

It would be nicer to be able to check in and check out from emacs using RCS.
It would be even nicer to use CVSNT on my c:\.emacs.

Oh, and incidently, when I try c-x v b, I get the message "no other back end
to switch to". That is strange! RCS is obviously installed and working.
  Thanks,
      Siegfried

More details:
When I tried to create a repository in my top level directory cvs.exe failed
with some horrible error message. I had posted that error message earlier in
this mailing list and received no response. Previous to that (as per the
suggestion on this mailing list) I posted a query in the emacs forum on how
to put the .emacs under version control. No luck. I had even tried to use
Cygwin (I'm running windows 2003 server) "ln" command to create a link but
had no luck (I posted in the Cygwin mailing list but no luck there either).