[cvsnt] Superfluous Carriage returns in emacs

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Oct 18 16:53:17 BST 2004

Good morning!

I'm using cvsnt with emacs in many source code files. Only one of them
(convex.pl) exhibits a peculiar problem with superfluous carriage returns.
Everytime I check it in, I have to perform a global search and replace to
remove the superfluous carriage return character at the end of each line.

I've inserted $Log$ in all the files. The only difference between convex.pl
and other files is that convex.pl had a multi-line message (created with the
-m switch) that was displayed in the file as a result of the $Log$.
Initially only this message had the superfluous carriage returns but now,
the entire file has a superfluous carriage return at the end of each line.

Can I tell cvsnt not to put this carriage return character at the end of
each line?

   Thanks,
           Siegfried