[cvsnt] Re: error with com interface

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Oct 18 21:38:08 BST 2004

Phil Swartzell wrote:
> There is no crash dump generated.  When I commit I get an error messagebox
> stating that there was an unhandled Win32 exception in cvs.exe.  The only
> option is to ok the message which then closes.

That shouldn't happen, but then COM always was bit wierd when it came to
exceptions (there's a registry setting to make it behave better but I've
forgotten it and can't find the article on MSDN any more).  This does
however imply that the error is within COM server and not inside cvs itself.

Short of running a debug build of cvsnt and seeing if you can persuade
it to break at the right point, I'm not sure what to suggest..