[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

Rick Rankin rick_rankin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 06:39:46 BST 2004

>cvsnt 2.0.58c
>
>This should be the last in the 58 service releases.  The only remaining
>problems I know of are cosmetic.
>
>This release adds a retry into the file renaming - it'll try for 10
>seconds before giving up.

No joy here. 58c has the same rename problem as 58b. I see 58c attempting to
rename the file several times, but it fails each time. I think the issue is in
the apparent assumption that this is caused by A/V software. In my case, at
least, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with A/V. It happens on all
files all the time on 58b and 58c, even if I completely disable my A/V
software. It *never* happens on 58a, even with A/V software running.

I did a little investigating, and this appears to be an ACLs problem. I'm
running with pserver authentication, and all of my users are aliased to a
single NT user. Now, in the Advanced tab of the control panel applet, I have
Run as user: (client user). I haven't been able to find any documentation on
this option. Could this be (part of) the problem? It seems to work OK in 58a,
though.

Rick