[cvsnt] Re: cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Thu Oct 28 21:47:44 BST 2004

> But I got an idea: Since the errors seems to happen only when
> renaming a file to the same name

Not true, unfortunately. I've just tested TortoiseCVS v1.8.2 "Update
Special", "get clean copy" within one of my quite large sandbox and it was
crashing with "Permission denied" error on attempt to copy _new_file.xxx to
file.xxx During several attempts it crashed arbitrarily on different files.
Once I replaced original TortoiseCVS 1.8.2 cvs client 2.0.58b with 2.0.58a
one everything was fine.

OS: Win2kProf, no AV.

Something weird happened between 2.0.58a and 2.0.58b (and 58c keeps the
problem)

Jan