[cvsnt] failure to update file with CVSNT 2.0.58c

Dave Clendenan dave at polycom.com
Fri Oct 29 19:44:38 BST 2004

I use tortoisecvs, and since the latest update (1.8.0) it fails
to update files properly.  This happens both on update
and commit.

It fails to replace FILE with _new_FILE.

I rolled back to CVSNT 2.0.41a by simply copying the files from
my wincvs installation over the tortoisecvs install folder, and the problem
went away.  Note that I saw the same behaviour on the commandline,
and it changed depending on which cvs.exe I used.

Workstation is win2K with all patches, server is linux with cvs version
1.11.17.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Dave