[cvsnt] problem with cvsnt and wincvs, cannot acess the repository on server

rashmi rashmi at id-metrics.com
Fri Oct 29 23:38:45 BST 2004

Hello,

I have installed cvsnt on windows 2000 server.
The installation goes through fine.
I have set the cvsroot using the command

set cvsroot=:sspi:10.0.0.86:/cvsrepo/test

This goes through but when i type the following on the command prompt:

cvs passwd -a administrator

It gives error saying cvs is not a recognisable command or a batch file.

It does not create any user i.e the passwd file in the CVSROOT folder.

So when I use wincvs to connect to the server it gives me a message

 cvs [login aborted]: connect to 10.0.0.86:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Could someone please help me.

I am stuck on this.

Also why does it not let me run cvs passwd -a administrator command.

I have seen that cvsnt is runnig.

Thanks
Rashmi.